And save money, too
With both Thanksgiving and Black Friday over and done, the holiday season is in full swing!
But so is the cold-and-flu season :/
Want to stay healthy and save some money? Here are some of my favorite cold-prevention, money-saving posts.
- Hand Washing 101—It’s still the easiest and cheapest way to prevent picking up cold or flu germs. Are you doing it properly?
- Save money on cold medications—Know what ingredients work for which symptoms, and which drugs just aren’t worth your money.
- Save money on cough medicines—Ditto
- Vitamin C vs. Zinc—Save your money. Neither of these popular cold prevention supplements actually works.
- Know the difference between colds and flu—Do you really have a serious case of flu that requires a costly doctor’s visit, or just a simple cold?
- Don’t insist on antibiotics—A huge number of unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions are written every year to treat colds and flu. Save your money!
And if you haven’t gotten a flu shot yet this year, it’s not too late. Most insurance companies will cover flu vaccines 100%. For more information on this year’s flu season, check out the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Flu Homepage.